ECONOMICS AND REVENUE LAW PUNJAB
1.The Land revenue Act enforced on
Ans - Dec 07,1967
2. The Punjab Land Revenue act is divided in to
Ans - chapters. 15
3. The Sections in the Punjab Land Revenue act 1967 are
Ans - 184
4. The schedules in Punjab Land Revenue act 1967 are
Ans - one
5. Lambardar is the most important functionary at level.
Ans - Village
6. Lambardar is given ________ percent of Land Revenue which is called Pachotra.
Ans - 5%
7. The West Pakistan Land revenue Act was passed on
Ans - 4th November 1967
8. The income a nation collects from Taxes is called
Ans - revenue
9. Holdings of a land Lord is called
Ans - Khata
10. A list of Owner's holdings is called
Ans - Khewat Number.
11. Survey Number is also called
Ans - Khasra Number
12. Village officers are
Ans - Kanungo, Patwaries, Kotars, Lambardars,
13. Hereditary Lambardari system was abolished by
Ans - Supreme Court of Pakistan
14. Hereditary Lambardari system was abolished by SC in
Ans - 2002
15. What is the period of limitation an Appeal before Collector
Ans - 30 days
16. What is the period of limitation an Appeal before Commissioner
Ans - 60 days
17. What is the period of limitation an Appeal before Board of revenue
Ans - 90 days
18. The types of revenue officers are
Ans - 5
19. Revenue Administration of a Tehsil is entrusted to
Ans - Tehsildar
20. Inspection of Harvest is called
Ans - Girdawri
21. What is Shajra Kishtwar?
Ans - The map of a village showing the position and boundary of every field.
22. Under which section of Land Revenue Act 1967 mutation is laid down
Ans - Section 42
23. The post next higher to Patwari is
Ans - Kanungo
24. The register of crops inspection is called
Ans - Khasra Girdawri.
25. What is the vernacular word for mutation?
Ans - Intiqal
26. When the period of Khareef Crops starts in Pakistan?
Ans - May and June
27. When the period of Khareef Crops ends in Pakistan?
Ans - September and October
28. The Assessment of Land revenue remain in force for ------- years.
Ans - 25
29. What is Karam?
Ans - Unit of Length
30. What is Sarsahi?
Ans - unit of Area
31. The un irrigated Land which depends on rainfall for cultivation is called
Ans - Barani
32. The un irrigated Lands which are affected by by flooding or moisture of rivers are called
Ans - Sailabi
33. The Land which is irrigated by canals is called
Ans - Nehri
34. The Land which is irrigated from water of the Wells is called
Ans - Chahi
35. The Land which is irrigated from water of the Tube Wells is called
Ans - Nul-Chahi
36. The land which is irrigated from two sources;1.from wells & 2. from canals is called
Ans - Chahi-Nehri
37. The land which is irrigated from tanks, jhils, streams, springs or kareezes is called
Ans - Abi
38. The land which is irrigated from hill torrents is called
Ans - Rod-Kohi or Bandeza
39. The Land which remains un-sown for 4 to 11 harvests is called
Ans - Banjar Kham
41. The statement of customs respecting rights or liabilities in the estate is called
Ans - Wajib-ul-Arz
42. A village note book is prepared for each
Ans - Estate
43. A village note book is also called
Ans - Lal Kitab
44. The period of Rabbi crops starts in Pakistan in the months of
Ans - October & November
45. Period of Rabbi crops ends in
Ans - April & May
46. Low lying land near rivers is called
Ans - Khadir
47. A portion of crop which has failed to come to maturity is called
Ans - Kharaba
48. A surcharge of 5 % on the revenue paid to village Headman is called
Ans - Pachotra
49. The deputy of Tehsildar is known as
Ans - Naib Tehsildar
50. What is Parta? The assessment rate for land revenue is called
Ans - Parta
PUNJAB TENANCY ACT 188751.Reduction of rent referred to in the last foregoing section?
Ans - Section 23
52.In which section of the said act it is contain Enhancement and reduction of rent by suit?
Ans - section 24
53.In which section of the said act it is contain Discretion as to extent of enhancement or reduction?
Ans - section 24
54.Mention the relevant section of Time for enhancement or reduction to take effect?
Ans - section 26
55.Mention the relevant section of Adjustment of rent expressed in terms of the land revenue?
Ans - SECTION 2
56.Mention the relevant section of Effect of depositing rent?
Ans - 32(1)
57. Relinquishment by any other tenant is subject of section?
58.Mention the section in which Time for ejectment is prescribed?
59.Power for provincial Government to fix dates for certain purposes. Mention the relevant section of the said Act.?
ans -SECT ION 52
60.Succession to right of occupancy under which section it applies?
ans -SECTIONS 52-A-53
Related to Land Acquisition Act 189461. When the Land Acquisition Act came in to froce?
Ans - 01 March 1894
62. The Land Acquisition Act was Passed on
Ans - 02 FEB 1894
63. The preliminary Notification for Acquisition of Land is published under Section
Ans - 4(1)
64. After the issuance of notification with in how many days objection to the acquisition can be raised?
Ans - 30 Days
65. Notification means
Act of giving Notice / Notification means a notification published under proper Authority in official Gazette.
66. The Land Acquisition Act 1894 is based on famous rule
To rob peter to Pay Paul
67. Objection against the acquisition of Land shall be made to in writing.
Ans – Collector
68. Who is the competent to give final decision on the objections against acquisition of land?
Ans – Commissioner
69. Notification that a particular land is needed for a public purpose or for a company is laid down under section
70. Process of Hearing of Objections is made under section
71. Section 4 states
Ans - publication of preliminary notification
72. section 5 states
Ans - notification that a particular land is needed for a public purpose or for a company
73. section 5-A states
Ans - hearing of objections.
74. section 6 states
Ans - declaration that land is required for a public purpose
75. section 7 states
Ans - after declaration collector to take order of acquisition
76. section 8 states
land to be marked out , measured and planned
77. Section 9 states
Ans - issuance of notice to persons interested
78. the process of issuance of preliminary notification is envisaged under section
ans - 4(1)
79. the notification has to be essentially published in ------------ and -------------.
Ans - official gazette, two national news paper
80. the main objective of preliminary notification is to call for
PUNJAB REVENUE ACT 1967 IMPORTANT81. What is vernacular word for Killa?
82. The report for mutation to the Patwari must be made with in
ans - three months
83. The book which contains the details of measurement of each field is called
ans -Field Book
84. All the Mussavis of a village are drawn on a cloth (Lattha) by Patwari is called
ans - Shajra Kishtwar
85. Register Haqdaran-e- Zamin contains information about
ans -ownership, tenancy, khasra number,source of irrigation
86. Khatauni are kept in custody of
ans - Halqua Patwari
87. Khatauni contains information about
Ownership, cultivation,rights in Land
88. Khatauni is revised after every years.
89. Khatauni is prepared by
90. The register of all persons cultivating or otherwise occupying land in a village is called
91. Which Law has abolished Land Revenue in the Province of Punjab?
Ans - The Punjab Land Revenue (Abolition) Act 1998.
92. When was The Punjab Land Revenue (Abolition) Act 1998 passed?
Ans - 6th Feb 1998.
93. Who passed The Punjab Land Revenue (Abolition) Act 1998?
Ans - Punjab Assembly
94. When The Punjab Land Revenue (Abolition) Act 1998 was published in Punjab Gazette.?
24 Feb 1998
95. How many Pages are there inThe Punjab Land Revenue (Abolition) Act 1998?
Ans - 197
96. Which sections of The Punjab Land Revenue (Abolition) Act 1998 have abolished the Land revenue?
Ans - Section 2 & 3
97. Khasra Girdawri is conducted by
Ans - Patwari
98. Khasra Girdawri is conducted by Patwari in the months of
Ans - October, February, April
99. The first six monthly inspection of crops in the month of October is called
Ans - Kharif Girdawri
100. The second inspection of crops in the month of February is called
Ans - Rabbi Girdawri.
101. Girdawri done during the month of April is called
Ans - Zaid Girdawri.
102. Amalgamation and redistribution of all or any of the Land to reduce the number of plots in the holding
Ans - Consolidation
103. Consolidation is also called
Ans - Chak-Bandi
104 certified copies of Land records can be obtained by applying in Form
Ans - CA-1
105. For mutation process Halqua Patwari reports in prescribed form called
Ans - P-1
106. Jamabandi is revised after how many years?
Ans - 4 years
107. Sale of the holding of the defaulter for recovery of Arrears is laid down in Section
Ans - 88
108. Genealogical tree of the Land owners is called
Ans - Shajra Nasb
109. A village's common Land is called
Ans - Shamilat
110. Kharif is also known as
Ans - Autumn Harvest
111. Rabbi is known as
Ans - Spring Harvest