How to Make Spicy South of the Border Spinach Cheese Dip
This recipe is for 5 servings
- 1 onion, Properly chopped
- 2 table spoons of vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes (drained and chopped)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 10 ounces of shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper as per your taste
Preparation in 10 mins II Cooking Time is 35 mins II Ready in 45 mins
Directions for "How to Make"
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Saute onion in skillet over medium heat in oil until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and chilies, let cook 2 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in spinach, cheese, cream cheese, half and half, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon mixture into shallow baking dish like a 9 inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the dip is bubbly and the top is light brown, about 35 minutes.
- Now its ready to serve :)