NCLEX Study Guide about Hypothyroidism Diagnoses & Tratment
The MCQs of NCLEX nursing exam questions and NCLEX RN Exam review questions of Hypothyroidism Diagnoses & Tratment are placed here for NCLEX Exams and for all students who wants to give nursing examination of PN . These Nursing Exam Question NCLEX Study Guide are for preparation of NCLEX practice questions and NCLEX Exam.
A client 32 year old mother of 3 children is brought to the clinic. Nurse checked her and notes that her pulse rate is 52 pm, weight gain of 30 pounds approx in 4 months, and the said client is wearing two sweaters at that time. The female client is diagnosed with hypothyroidism. at this stage what is nursing diagnoses of highest priority from the following?
- 1- Impaired physical mobility related to decreased endurance
- 2- Hypothermia r/t decreased metabolic rate
- 3- Disturbed thought processes r/t interstitial edema
- 4- Decreased cardiac output r/t bradycardia
- **For This NCLEX Question Answer 4 is correct.
Rationale of Answer
The decrease in pulse can affect the cardiac output and lead to shock, which would take precedence over the other choices; therefore, answers 1, 2, and 3 are incorrect.