NCLEX Study Guide about Neutropenia Low White Blood Cell
These Questions of Nursing Exam NCLEX practice questions about treatment Neutropenia Low White Blood Cell patient are placed here for guidance of NCLEX RN Exam.These MCQs of NCLEX Study Guide MCQs & NCLEX Practice questions. These NCLEX RN Exam review are provide here for NCLEX Exams guidance of all type of NCLEX students of nursing examination.
The nurse working the organ transplant unit is caring for a client with a white blood cell count of 450. During evening visitation, a visitor brings a basket of fruit. What action should the nurse take?
- 1- Allow the client to keep the fruit.
- 2- Place the fruit next to the bed for easy access by the client.
- 3- Offer to wash the fruit for the client.
- 4- Ask the family members to take the fruit home.
- Answer 4 is correct for this NCLEx Question
The client with neutropenia should not have fresh fruit because it should be peeled and/or cooked before eating. Any source of bacteria should be eliminated, if possible. Answers 1, 2, and 3 will not help prevent bacterial invasions.